5 Tips to Help You Sell Your Home Faster
If you’re planning to sell your home, you most likely are hoping that it will sell fast and that you’ll get the highest offer possible.
Here are 5 things that you can do that may help expedite receiving the offers that you want:
1. Clean, declutter and pack up. Cleaning, decluttering and the start of packing should all be done BEFORE you put your home on the market. While it’s good to show some furniture and other personal items in your home to help potential buyers visualize how their stuff may look and fit, you want to make sure that anything extra is put away. Kitchen and bathroom countertops should be clear. Closets should not be overflowing with clothes, shoes and other belongings. Keep out only the things that you absolutely need while you’re staging your home to sell. Consider donating clothes and home goods that you no longer need to local charities such as Foothill Family Shelter or posting for sale on OfferUp. Temporarily renting storage space can be a good option for items that you pack up and want to keep.
2. Evaluate your home’s curb appeal. The outside of your home can be just as important as the inside. First impressions are made as soon as potential buyers drive up to your house. A fresh coat of paint, flowers and a lawn that has been mowed can make a huge difference.
3. Depersonalize and go neutral. While you may like your burgundy accent walls and wine- themed décor, not everyone may share the same decorating preference. Removing artwork and family photos from walls and painting colored walls neutral can help potential buyers picture themselves living in your house.
4. Fix the items you’ve been putting off. Replacing or repairing some of the things that you’ve been putting off can help you sell your home faster. Take a weekend to repair the things that you can easily fix and consider hiring a handyman for larger issues.
5. Find an experienced realtor that you can trust. Prior to signing papers with a realtor, do your homework and don’t be afraid to ask questions. Find out their process for selling a home and the percent of commission that they’ll take from the sale. Chaffey FCU has partnered with local realtors to provide members with exclusive benefits on selling their home. Click here for more information.