New Fraud Prevention Service Now Available
In our continuing efforts to keep your accounts secure, we’ve improved our alert system for potential credit card fraud. Here is how it works:
1) When potential fraud is detected, you will receive an automatic email notification from Chaffey Federal Credit Union, with the option to reply with “fraud” or “no fraud.”
2) One minute after the email, you will receive a text alert from 32874 between 7am and 9pm, which also has the “fraud” or “no fraud” option. (*see below)
3) If there is no response received from you, five minutes after the text alert, you will receive automatic phone calls to confirm or deny fraud.
Remember – our messages will NEVER ask for your PIN or account number!
*The phone number for our Fraud Center is 1-800-417-4592. If you add this number to your phone contacts and label it “Fraud Center,” it will display whenever you get a call from this number. And if you have any concerns or questions, please call and speak to a credit union representative.
VISA® Credit Cards
During non-business hours, call 800-682-6075 or 206-352-3517
During normal business hours, call Chaffey FCU at 909-986-4552 or 626-968-9329, select option 4.
BEWARE: Gas Pump Skimming
“Gas pump” skimming of credit and debit cards has been reported along Interstate 10 from Florida to California. Be aware of your surroundings at gas stations:
- Lighting conditions around the station
- Use a gas pump closer to the front of the store. Thieves often place skimmers at the gas pumps farther away from the store so they are not noticed as quickly
- Condition of the gas pumps themselves – the dispenser cabinet should be closed and not tampered with (many stations now placing security tape over the cabinet to ensure against tampering)
- Any signs of tampering or something out of place
Regularly monitor your Chaffey FCU account(s) to spot any unauthorized charges.